Yellow, Orange, Green and ... Bluish-Black?

Today was my first Friday at home with Logan and the activity of the day was making play dough. I was inspired by the awesome homemade play dough Michelle gave to Logan for Christmas and the store bought Play Doh we have that is now full of dirt and debris. I found a recipe on Instructables that seemed easy enough and we dove in with vigor.


Step 1: Measure the ingredients (not so precisely) into a pot
Measure carefully, or not so much

Step 2:
Stir it all together
Stir, stir

Step 3:
Mommy cooks while Logan yells instructions from the sidelines
Cooked and done

Step 4: Knead the dough until it is smooth
IMG_9873

Step 5: Divide the dough and form balls. Consider eating the dough.
Do I eat this?

Step 6: Add the color
Add the food coloring

Step 7: Be amazed by your creation
Look what I made


I am pretty excited by the end product even if our purple ended up looking more like dirty-blue to black. It was also nice to find an activity that held Logan's attention for more than 15 minutes. Any suggestions on what we should do next week?

And even though Logan loved the process of making the play dough, one would have thought I was torturing her by asking her to participate. Here is a snapshot of the 5 minutes leading up to our fun.


Mommy tortures me

Comments

Popular Posts