A Princess Turns 6

After much back and forth, Logan finally decided on a princess-themed birthday. I know, shocking. To keep my sanity, I kept the invite list small and set a precedent for future birthdays - she is allowed to invite as many friends as the age she is turning.


Then came the invitations. I know just enough Photoshop to be dangerous so I tried my hand at designing my own. I wanted to stay away from a Disney branded party and these lovely princess graphics from ReviDevi helped me accomplish that mission. In the end, while the invitations looked cute, I forgot to include the party location. So much for DIY.

Then I took to Pinterest, planning out all the activities and the items for the goody bag. I found a pin for glittery playdough and Logan and I made a purple batch for Cinderella's Bippty Boppity Goo. Sticking with the princess theme and since it's apple picking season we made candy apples for Snow White's Not So Poisoned Apples. I followed a Martha Stewart recipe which is always a mistake because unlike her, I'm far from perfect. I don't think I hit the right temperature for the candy shell and they were a bit gooey, but Logan and I solved that by rolling them in pink sugar sprinkles.

The royal day arrived and all the princesses were dressed in their finest. They painted shells like Ariel, decorated Belle's tiara and made Merida's jeweled goblet. In between there was dress up and sing alongs in the playroom. The girls put on a concert singing Call Me Maybe and it made me think this princess and dress-up phase won't last much longer, so I'm glad we gave them the time to indulge in their fantasies. 










Logan's dress was another Etsy purchase and our gift to her. This shop located in California was amazing. I wrote to see if it would be possible to get the dress in time for the party and they assured me that was no problem. Two days later it was on my front porch. I highly recommend 7dwarfsworkshop for all your costume needs.

We used ice it! for the cake. They are local, inexpensive and do a good job matching themes.

The aftermath in the playroom - proof of a fun party.

Comments

Popular Posts